Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Coakley Update

So, I realized I haven't blogged about ANYTHING in a long time. Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went. We were lucky to spend them both with our families here in Oregon. January, February, March and now April, we have been busy with our ordinary, young married lives going to school full-time and working full-time for the both of us. The not-so-ordinary part though has been something I have been blessed to experience over the past couple of months.

It started late November when my dear friend, Tiffany lost her husband suddenly. 7 1/2 months pregnant and with a16 month old, Tiffany was suddenly a single mom. We had the opportunity to go down to California and see her and attend the memorial. What a spiritual experience that was for us. It made Rowdy and I really stop and think about our marriage, how we treat each other, talk to each other and respond to frustration. It also gave us the opportunity to serve and love those that we serve. Tiffany recently moved up to Oregon and since she has been here, I have learned even more from that amazing woman. Reese is now 21 months old and baby Jac (Jaclyn) will be three months tomorrow, and I have loved playing with Reese and holding baby Jac. It amazes me how Heavenly Father always knows exactly what we need in or lives. Tiff and I spend a lot of time together whenever possible, we workout, talk, go to lunch and do other things that strike our fancy. She has seriously taught me SO much! Since I have been hanging out with Tiff, my marriage has gotten so much stronger, as has my testimony, my gratitude and my love for my God, my Savior, my family and my friends.

There are honestly not enough pages for me to write down all the experiences and feelings I have had over the past couple of months, and I don't think a blog is the best place to write those sacred things in anyways, but I can honestly say, I am so happy, and so grateful for this life that I have been given. I am truly blessed.

Last night, we had one of my best friends, who is also very pregnant (5 weeks until due date!), Molly and her husband Brian and their daughter Naomi over. We had so much fun playing games and eating. Naomi crawled right up on her uncle Rowdy's lap and sat and played with her toys, kissing and hugging him. It was so cute to see them interacting, how much she loved Rowdy and how amazing he is with her. She has always loved Rowdy since she was a baby, she has never had any qualms about him holding her carrying her or wanting to sit on his lap when we go out to eat at Olive Garden. It makes me excited for when we have little ones. He is so good with kids, and kids love him. When we were dating, I loved how he played and loved his nephews. Although there have been times I have wondered how two totally different people in many ways were meant to be, I never once doubted that I married a man that would love his kids. He will teach them so many things, play with them and rock them to sleep. At times when I have been busy in the hustle and bustle of getting the twins out the door for school, swimming, soccer, dance, Dougy Center, Dr. appointments and the many other numerous things they are involved in, Rowdy still takes the time to teach Johnny how to tie his shoes in a way that he can understand and remember it.


As I reflect over the past few years of my life, it has been one crazy ride, yet I have become someone polar opposite from the lost person I used to be. I know who I am, what I want for  my life, my marriage  and my future family and I will protect that at all costs. I have realized how important family is, and how blessed I am because of the infinite love my Heavenly Father has for me as his daughter. I know what kind of wife and mother I want to be, and I strive for that daily. My testimony is stronger than ever, and I know that as long as I keep doing the things I know I should be doing, I will be blessed for that and I will grow stronger and stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment