Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Passing 40




How Far Along: 40 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 20lbs
Maternity Clothes: yep
Stretch Marks: nope!
Best Moment This week? It my due date, so im hoping he's here soon
Miss Anything? yeah, a baby!
Movement: yes, but he is slowing down a bit, but when he stretches out it can be painful
Food cravings? clementines
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really
Have you started to show yet? Undeniably preggers
Gender? Boy
Labor Signs? yep, contractions, sometimes very regular, but still no baby
Belly button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? On and loose
Happy or moody most of the time? Stressed, anxious, exhausted but happy
Looking forward to? Going into labor and finally meeting my little boy
Funny Moment this week? none so far

So I'm a little crabby writing this post. I realize that babies rarely come on their due dates, especially first babies, but from a pregnant person's standpoint, that is very unfortunate. You prepare and grow for 9 months, you just can't wait to get the little bugger out, all to find out that it's really a waiting game. I'm exhausted because for some reason, I wake up between 5 and 530 every morning and have been the last month or so, and darn it, if I'm waking up at that hour it better be to see my little man and not just to lay there and think about when the heck he will decide to get here.

I went in today for my Dr. appointment. Everything looks fine, but I have not progressed passed 1cm, grr. And YES, I have been doing everything possible to help this along. He did say however, that my bag of waters is so tight that he couldn't feel where the baby was positioned, so he had to wheel in his little ultrasound machine to ensure he was still head down, he is luckily. But, he said it made him wonder if my bag of waters will just burst and shoot me into labor because of how tight it is. My thought: SWEET, lets get this show on the road! The plan if I don't go into labor by next Tuesday (41 weeks): ultra sound, amniotic fluid test and stress test to see how baby boy is holding up. If all is well, then I will meet again that Friday (14th) have another stress test and if everything is fine, they will schedule me to be induced the following week (42nd week). If the tests don't look very good, then they will induce me within a day or so if not that day. None of this I want. I broke down in my car after all of this. I want to have a natural labor so badly and it's starting to freak me out that he could decide to hangout much longer than a doctor is willing to let him. I pray every night that things will be okay and he will come soon.

Little man had us in a tither the other night, Saturday night because I was having constant contractions for several hours, we were really starting to wonder if he was on his way. Then they stopped, just like that. Rowdy asked that I try and hold off until Friday so he can finish his finals, yeah I'll get right on that dear. I don't think it has quite set in for him yet that this is going to happen any day, it's not longer "a month from now" or anything like that, it's any day. I am so excited to hold our little bundle of joy, our little miracle baby, because he was definitely a baby sent to us at this time for a purpose. I wonder what he will look like, if he will have mounds of blonde hair like Rowdy did when he was born, if he will be big (hope not) or small, if he will sleep well or cry a lot, what he will smell like, feel his baby soft skin. I welcome it all, whatever he brings.


1 comment:

  1. I'm wishing and hoping for you to go into labor sooner rather than later! Don't let the doctor pressure you into doing anything you don't feel good about. If there's no danger and no medical reason, they would "just feel better" inducing you, that is not a sound medical reason for an induction. You might want to bring your doula to your next couple of appointments for moral support! Or I'll come and tell him "heck no!" haha! You'll be fine, don't worry, though i know that's near impossible at this point! Love you!

    ReplyDelete