Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Saturday, October 2, 2010

"She said 'yes' he said 'Wow', she said 'when' he said 'how about July 9th!"

         It's official, we are engaged!!!! Rowdy proposed September 30th in the most romantic way possible. Rowdy decided to trick me a little and take me "ring shopping" (we didn't get anything, apparently he bought the ring a while ago in South Carolina). Afterwards we drove home and there was a scrapbook wrapped in a bow on the couch. It was pictures and notes from some close friends and family, it was all so sweet it made me cry! Rowdy's page was the last and it was adorable. He said in it that he was going to propose someday, he was just waiting for the right time. Little did I know that time was only ten minutes away. He got up after I read through it all and went to "grab something for his mom". Moments later I got a text saying to go out onto the deck.




         I walked outside to see Rowdy waiting for me on a pathway of twinkle lights, candles, rose petals and chocolate kisses. It formed into a heart and there was a chair at the top with a night stand next to it with 21 red roses in it. "Only Fools Rush In" was playing in the background. Rowdy walked me over to the chair and sat me down and then he proceeded to get down on one knee. I was SHAKING!!! Rowdy told me how much he loved me and how he wanted to spend the rest of eternity with me. He pulled out a ring from under the chair (which I had no idea had happened, i was so in the moment I thought he pulled it out of thin air lol) and lifted my left hand and asked, "Taylor, will you marry me?" and put the ring on my finger!!!! 










       Of course I said yes and got up to kiss him. He then pulled a rose from the vase and asked "Taylor, will you accept this rose" haha too cute! Then we danced to the rest of the song, "You look Wonderful Tonight" and then called and text everyone we knew to share the news! Not long after my mom comes running out all excited and crying (happy tears of course). It was all so surreal. I was shaking like a leaf haha Tasha and Lacey were able to take pics and film the entire thing, which I'm elated about because I can re-watch that moment for the rest of my life, as can my children.


        I feel blessed to have found the man I want to spend forever with and wants to spend it with me. He loves me for all my strengths and weaknesses and imperfections. He forgives me for my faults and walks with me through my trials. He has the desire to protect me and take care of me, to be the father of my children. He loves my family and I love his. We have similar goals and the same faith in God. I never thought that I would ever be this happy with someone I never even saw coming. A year ago, I would have never thought this would be me, and I don't think anyone else would either. It is so true when they say "It happens when you least expect it". Rowdy blindsided me completely, but it's the best surprise in my life yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment