Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wedding Talk

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTAY! So, the wedding day is creeping up, someday's it feels like it will take forever, other days 5.5 months seems just around the corner. I got my wedding dress last week =D I was very excited. So not this past Monday but the Monday before, my mom and I decided to go to Charlotte's just to look around, we were originally planning on going to Utard to find a dress in Feb. I started to try some on and there were three that I absolutely fell in love with! I knew that my dress was in one of those three, I just had to pick which one. So needless to say I found my dress and I am VERY excited about it. One step closer! Rowdy and I went with our moms to cake test at Thriftway and Beaverton Bakery and Beaverton Bakery won by a long shot! Today Jane put the payment down for our cake, which is one more thing checked off my list along with the flowers that my Aunt Dianne is going to do for us and the location of the ring ceremony and reception, which is the Vial Farm (my dream wedding coming true!). Now it's bridesmaids and their dresses, decorations, groomsmen and budget ish, oh the never ending list.

Another Sub-ject of wedding is getting into better shape! I have been working with a personal trainer for about 2 weeks now, trying to eat better and be more active. I'm tired of looking how I do when I know I've looked better and I've never look this "bad" before. My main things are bread and sweets, oh man do I LOVE those things. I love whole wheat bread, but it's rolls and French bread that I struggle passing up. And then my sugar fix, I adore sweets, so it has been a huge challenge for me to reduce my sugar intake. Lucky for me though, I love fruits and veggies and I always have, I'm just trying to eat less meat and sweets and "white" things like white flour, sugar and salt. My inspiration has been my friends; Gen Toki and Tiff Johansen. If I could look like Tiff by my wedding, life would be good, but chances are I never will because we have diff. body types so what ever I look like by my wedding, I hope I'm happy with it.

The wedding has also helped inspire others to join me in my "get my butt into shape" endeavor. My mom, my dad, Jane and Lacey have all joined in on eating healthier and exercising more and so far everyone has lost weight! Except me, but I'm trying not to get down and think positively. I can come a long way in 5.5 months, I just wish I had a little bit of some instant gratification. On a good note, two weeks ago running a mile was about all I could do at a max speed of 6.0 on the treadmill, now I can run at 6.4 speed at a 1.0 incline (which apparently is the incline equivalent to running outside, not 0.0) for 2.4 miles! WOO HOO. My stomach is looking flatter, my back muscles are toning as well, but nothing is fitting differently and I do not weigh any less=frustration. But i'm not giving up. Maybe someday I can get Rowdy on board with me and that will make it even easier because then there will be no one eating tempting things around me! But until then, I have to find some self control.... great, now where do I find that again?

2 comments:

  1. You will feel SO relieved after the wedding! but its MUCH harder to be motivated to get in shape after wedding, Ive had my gym bag packed for 2 weeks and still havent been able to go. Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well Caitlin, if you ever want to go running with me you are MORE than welcome to come!

    ReplyDelete