Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Married and Family Life

So I've decided to jump into family/married life a couple weeks early to prepare myself a bit, and by that I mean budgeting and couponing, Rowdy will be so proud. Many know that Rowdy is shall we say, frugal, but that is putting it lightly. In fact, all Coakley's are like this and since I am a soon-to-be Coakley (thats only the second time I've ever referred to myself as a Coakley, odd) I am trying to teach myself the tricks of the trade. I'm not a mad spender (contrary to what my fiance thinks) but I don't have a lot of bills to pay so I will admit, I spend my money if I have some left over AFTER all bills, tithing and savings are paid and put away for. But I've decided to humor him and the sanity of our marriage and dove right in. I've watched EVERY tutorial on Money Saving Mom, btw LOVE her advice. I've been doing a ton of research and starting to come up with strategies so that I can help alleviate some of the typical stress that comes with being married, especially within the first year. I'm on a bit of a high right now, I hope it lasts and becomes a mind set. I'm also going to try and start adopting the "early to bed early to rise" concept of living. I'm like my mom, I am I night owl usually, but I have found that since I have children half the month, I like to be in bed by ten so that I can be up and ready to start my day when they are (luckily for me, I know my kids well enough that I have been able to train them to stay in their rooms until 8am during the summer, YAY). However, my goal is to be READY to go for the day by the time they can come out of their rooms rather than be rolling out of bed, hair a mess etc. I have found that it is much easier  to plan your day early that way it can run smoothly and you can do whatever you want once you have a plan. I'm trying to be more like my old self, organized. I used to be so great at it, but that's slowly slipped in the past few years, so I am trying to get back into it. For those of you who read and have tips and websites about any of the above topics, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send them my way =D I will need all the help and advice I can get, including how to score a cheap/free Sunday paper for their ads!

1 comment:

  1. www.hip2save.com - Love her advice/site and more videos :) good luck Tay! Couponing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete