Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

19 Weeks and Counting

So in almost 48 hours we will be finding out if we are having a boy or a girl, and needless to say I am ECSTATIC! If Rowdy could have it his way, we would be waiting but we are doing it my way and finding out because I do not have the patience to wait 21 more weeks until baby is actually here.

I am 19 weeks today and feeling great, finally. Not that I have much to complain about, it was just the exhaustion, which is finally gone. The heat is getting to be a little difficult, I find myself getting very woosie and overheat quickly. The bump is getting larger and larger, clothes are getting tighter and tighter and it is getting increasingly more difficult to roll over, but I'm okay with all of that. I finally felt the little bugger move at 5:30am Sunday morning for the first time! I had just woken up from a dream, that Rowdy had to deliver our baby because the doctors didn't make it to my room in time. As I was thinking about this dream I felt the baby move around, it was so exciting.

Everyone asks what I think we are having, if I have any special feelings. Honestly, I don't really know. I had a dream before I knew I was pregnant that we had a son, but every dream since I found out I was prego, I've only had girl dreams. So who knows. I think it will be a boy simply because between Rowdy and I, we have 6.5 nephews (one on the way in October) so either we are a boy family or girls don't come until later in the game. If we do have a girl, Rowdy will want to start preparing now ha!

Right now, baby likes pickles, maybe that's mommy I can't tell, but a pickle always sounds really good, and Sushi, but I can't have that so I'm hoping that will be my first meal after baby is born. Rowdy likes to rub my belly a lot, which I really like because to me it's him bonding with our little one. He's great at rubbing my feet (I don't even have to ask, he just does it) and rubbing out my sciatic nerve when it acts up. He helps propel me off the couch when I have to rock myself to get a little momentum going and if I am craving something he usually will go get it or take me to get it. He's still being a stinker about names, but I guess that isn't something to fret about until we actually know the gender, then he's really going to have to crack down and think of more names than the forbidden "Chuck".



I can't wait to set up the nursery and get all our baby things. We move into our new house on Aug. 4th, its a little bitter sweet for me. We are moving out of our ward (for church) and I have never been to any other ward before, Rowdy and I grew up in that ward. But, I am excited that we are still in the Stake (let me explain: our church is divided up into different parts so that everyone is watched over and taken care of. There are several areas in each state called a "stake" led by a Stake President, in each stake there are several wards each led by a Bishop. A ward is a congregation that meets at a certain time, simply so that we don't have too many people coming at the same time and no one feels left out). We are moving into my grandmas old house because she and her boyfriend have bought a condo in downtown L.O. so we will be renting her house. I feel a little like I have come full circle because when I was born, my parents lived there and my old baby room is going to be my baby's baby room.

Rowdy and I had our 1st wedding anniversary yesterday. We celebrated early, on Saturday by going to Almalfi's because we got the twins last night. It's so crazy that it's been a year already adn we are working on year number two while cookin up a baby!

I also start my new job next Monday and I am looking forward to it. The family is extremely nice and it will work better for my family and I as I become a mom. I will miss the twins, I have had them for over two years and watched and taken part in their growth and maturation and it amazing to me how far they have come in those two years. They will always have a place in my heart. Another exciting thing is Rowdy and I leave right after our ultrasound for our annual Mossy Rock boating trip!!! Although I can't really do anything with "da bump", I still love boating, being in the sun, camping and having fun with friends. We had to get me a new life jacket as well as a swimsuit because my old one didn't fit around the ever growing ladies and i wanted a swim suit that I didn't feel like my stomach was bulging out of it.

I'm looking forward to the coming months, I'm pretty much half way there, then there are baby showers, nursery making and nesting to do =)

2 comments:

  1. Where did that baby bumpy come from!? Last time I saw you there was still nothing there. Man, it is cute though! I can't wait to hear what the gender is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are adorable and that is one cute tiny belly :)

    ReplyDelete