Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

24 Weeks



So I got this nifty little pregnancy survey from a friend of mine (Amanda Gates) who is on baby number two, also having a boy and thought I'd start it because it's so darn cute!

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: about 7-8lbs
Maternity clothes? Sometimes! Shirts, usually because I'm so long waisted that everything is too short for the ever-growing belly. I still fit in my jeans, but i often unbutton them when I sit down. I do wear maternity shorts and sometimes maternity pants
Stretch marks? NOPE!
Best moment this week: Rowdy finally felt him kick!
Miss anything: Sushi, big time cravings for it
Movement: Yep! My stomach moves all over the place, all the time!
Food cravings: Clementines, hamburgers
Anything making you queasy or sick: the heat is killing me. 
Have you started to show yet: For sure, this week I feel like I've definitely popped out
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Nada
Belly Button in or out? well, it's a little odd, but half of it is almost flat and the other half is still in, very strange.
Wedding rings on or off? On and loose
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, until I get really hot and hungry, then no bueno
Looking forward to: baby showers and maternity photos
Funny moment this week: I saw my stomach move for the first time and it just made me giggle. And he's been kicking me SO hard that it literally makes me jump in surprise! One time he actually kicked the computer that was on my belly and it moved!

We are off to Mossyrock trip #2 this weekend and I'm fairly certain I'm not going to fit in the bathing suit I bought just over a month ago for trip #1... what's a girl to do? I feel like my belly just magically popped out this week, and I've been told i'm ALL belly. If you were looking at me from behind, you wouldn't even know I'm preggers. My jeans look baggy in the legs and I haven't really put on the "pounds" persay but I sure feel huge! Little man has been quite the Olympian himself the past week or so, kicking and turning like crazy! The doctor and ultrasound techs comment every time I go in that he is such a mover, he doesn't ever hold still. I think he's going to make me one busy mama. We will DEFINITELY need to baby proof the house, possibly a little earlier than the average parent, especially if he's anything like me and climbs on top of everything just to jump off and pull things off the wall. My parents had to bolt everything to the wall so it wouldn't come crashing down on me. 

I've been reading up on baby things, like a stereotypical first time mom. I have about 3-4 books i'm currently reading as well as looking at baby/mommy blogs. Even though I've taken care of children my whole life practically, being an actual mom starting from day 1 is getting to be a little daunting. We have less than 4 months before he arrives and it sinks in a little more every day for Rowdy and I that life is about to drastically change forever. He commented the other day that he wished women were like elephants and pregnant for 2 years so that the dads had more time to prepare. I DON'T THINK SO. a) 9 months is more than long enough to feel fat and uncomfortable. b) he would just procrastinate until the end anyway and c) there is no way to be fully prepare, it's a hands-on learning experience that every parent has to have.

We have everything moved into our new house, now it's just unpacking EVERYTHING..ugh. I hate moving and refuse to do so until we move to S.C. in a few years. Rowdy's almost completely done with summer classes, which will be nice for him to relax and have time to do other things besides tests and homework. Levi's wedding is also coming up, very exciting. I'm one of the bridesmaids and really hoping I fit in my dress lol. We got me a larger size so that if necessary, we can just pin it in the back. Kristen flew down to Cali this last Thursday and they are looking for a place to live and spending some time together before the big day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment