Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Rowdy, Taylor & Blake

Thursday, March 17, 2011

You Make Me Wanna Say "I Do"

So we've got about 3 months and 3 weeks left, but who's counting ; ) Stuff is starting to happen and time suddenly seems to be FLYING. We've got dresses ordered, Tux's picked out, cakes are paid for, bridal shower planning among lots and lots of other things. The next big item on the list to tackle is the menu.... oh dear. I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting nervous for the big day. I keep having these strange, almost nightmarish dreams about our wedding and it's suddenly dawning on me that this is it, the day every little girl dreams about, wow. Then I realize that after the wedding, it gets down to the nitty gritty, you know, the real stuff, marriage. The well known "toughest year of your marriage is the first", joint accounts, bills, jobs, a house, school.... yikes! I would be lying if I said that I wasn't scared, because I am. Rowdy and I aren't perfect, and anyone who is close to us knows this all too well. We fight, we have our shining moments of immaturity and selfishness, and sometimes he makes me crazy, as I'm sure I do the same to him. However, I find myself at the end of every night thanking God that he is in my life, no matter how mad I can get with him. We have been through more than anyone realizes and we haven't given up. Something I really admire about Rowdy is his ability to forgive. I've done some things I could never be proud of, and he has always forgiven me, that is love. He cares more about making us work than something stupid I've done. Luckily, I have been blessed to have some of my father's qualities, one of  which is that I can't stay mad, ever. So I'm thinkin' those things will be really useful in our marriage when we are both spent. We have grown up together since I was six years old and we still have so much to learn, but instead of learning on our own, we get the opportunity to learn together, should be interesting =)

No comments:

Post a Comment